As Birds states,
conceptual art is about personal expression, personal narrative, and truth. Art
is all about your personal discovery and mind coming out and put onto canvas.
He also states how conceptual art has changed through our art history. By
studying art history and learning historical art gives you the ability to learn
through other artists and their conceptual ideas. By doing so, you're able to
not only make your own conceptual ideas, but you have the ability to make art
through appropriation.
While I would love to think that all of my art is
conceptual, but some of it is simple experimental artistic mark making. But I can
apply concepts many different ways, like my idea of creation and destruction of
architecture and the print itself. What if I made nonrepresentational palette
knife oil paintings where I would paint and carve away with the knives showing absence
versus presence? What if I showed speech patterns threw
movement of lines, whether they are quick and fast or slow and steadying. Would
do this in an abstract and nonrepresentational oil painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment